I haven't posted since July 1. So I have some things to catch up with before I can move on. It's not a rule, just something I want to do. There is a little bit of OCD in me. Just a tad and it wants to keep things in order. Just a bit. So I will catch you up before I move on to September's activities...
July was a fun month. Danny celebrated another birthday. That's always a good thing. The alternative really sucks. We had Fridays off thanks to the asshats in DC we didn't get paid so we weren't allowed to work. Those days were fun, but it was a bittersweet kind of fun. I was able to get lots done in the sewing department.
1. Doctor Who Apron for us 2. Lots of grilling 3. do.Good Stitches charity blocks 4. Anniversary pillow for my nephew and his wife
5. Inchies OG swap 6. back anniversary pillow 7. Octopus pincushion Fab Little pincushion swap 8. Mermaid quilt Mini QT swap
9. Drawstring pouch 10. paper pieced Seahorse 11. My quilt guild notebook cover 12. Wonky star block for the quilt guild charity quilt
13. Watercolor seahorse ICAD 14. Lunch made from leftovers 15. Drawstring pouch for MQG swap 16. Extras for Mini QT swap
August still had us furloughed for the first couple of weeks. But it was a bit busier outside the house so not a lot of creating was done. Danny and I celebrated 20 years of marriage. I still can't believe that it's been that long. We had a very nice, relaxing dinner and spent the night in a local hotel. It was wonderful.
1. inside of Dorothy Day Tripper 2. do.Good Stitches block 3. Tula pink charms swap received 4. Flash paper pieced test block
5. Farmers Wife block 6. VBMQG Tote Swap bag 7. ALS wheelchair quilt 8. start of an angel project
9. Modern Stash Bee block 10. do.Good Stitches block 11. Dorothy Day Tripper 12. Farmers Wife block
All of these were fun to make. The ALS quilt was done in a frenzy. For some dumb reason, I thought it was due in August. It's not due until the end of September. But it's done now, so that's a good thing.
September is looking promising. I don't have any swaps. I planned it this way. School is starting which means soccer games start up again. Plus I have a minor surgery scheduled for the first weekend. It's nothing too dramatic, but I will not be in a sewing mood for the whole weekend. It's best if I just take it easy and stick to my bees.
Here's what I HAVE to do:
- do.Good Stitches blocks
- Modern Stash blocks
- Comfort blocks for a friend
And here's what I'd LIKE to do:
- b-day surprise for a secret pal
- start hubbies Christmas present
- make Morgan a purse for school
- help Melissa start a wheelchair quilt
- The Frosted Pumpkin Spooky Halloween Sampler
While this doesn't look too intimidating, it's a major schedule change which may prove to be challenging. I'll have to start getting out the door by 6:00am. Wish me luck.
I'm linking up to: